Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Full Life




To learn by doing – this is the way to reach understanding in my mind.  I can honestly say that until I do and experience can I really know. 

This is my excuse for some of the choices I have made in my life thus far.  I never want to look back and ask myself, “What if?”  Through every experience, what arises is new perspective; insight into the world, myself, and those around me.  I have come to appreciate areas of life I would maybe not have prior.

I am, of course, mostly talking about my choice to study in Italy, but these thoughts come from every adventure trail I seem to travel down.  For some reason I choose the rocky path, the one that looks like it goes uphill, with potholes along the way and running waters to cross over.

I believe the reason for these advancements in my life is that it truly fulfills me to do so.  I enjoy challenge and I feel that I always benefit when hard work is accomplished. 

My latest question, though, is why do I always choose the laborious route?  Why don’t I allow life’s simplicity to fulfill me? 

I think in the end it comes down to balance.  I know that in order to let my light shine and be the person I am put on this earth to be that I need structure of some sort – a system where I can put forth my best and receive the satisfaction of a good and fair job well done.  However, I also know it is important to be happy and content – I need to realize that I am worth enough to and truly enjoy and get the most of the life I’ve been blessed with.  

I’ve said it before, but I need to keep repeating that the key is balance : a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions : an equilibrium in body mind and spirit. 

As a reminder that my best is often more than enough, I will continue along these paths, knowing I am not always in charge of the directions they go.  I will continue to persist in my full life, keeping the often crazy with the seldom quiet in equilibrium.  

1 comment:

  1. Miss Molly!

    I'm glad you're back "home" safe and I was so happy to spend time with you at the wedding! I just think you're fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete